DID YOU KNOW?Bats are beneficial creatures that will offer natural insect control in and around your property. But when bats roost in close proximity to humans it can become a problem for many reasons. Bats can be rabid, can lead to costly repairs and cleanup, are intimidating to people when they share a space with them and one, often overlooked, danger of bats is the guano they leave behind.
Histoplasmosis is a disease associated with the droppings of bats known as guano. The disease primarily affects the lungs and can be life threatening, particularly to those with a weakened immune system. It is transmitted when a person inhales spores from fungus that grow on bird and bat droppings. Clean-up of bat droppings requires proper care and the use of a HEPA filter mask.
What To Expect
Below are the steps and procedures you can expect when receiving bat removal services:
- Schedule an inspection of your home or business online or by calling 704-564-5686. A Catawba Wildlife Representative can answer any question and arrange your preferred appointment time. A Catawba Wildlife technician will contact you to confirm a time to perform the inspection.
- A detailed property inspection is performed by a certified wildlife technician. A written, no-pressure, proposal for resolving your issue is provided. Deposit is collected by check or credit card. Bat exclusion and property repairs are scheduled to begin within one to two days.
- One-way tubes are installed to begin eviction process. All access points are secured too restrict bats from re-entering your home. Evictions process may take up to one week to allow all bats to vacate your home.
- A Catawba Wildlife skilled carpenter repairs any bat damage to your home or business. Interior restoration is completed by removing all urine and guano, exterminating any bat bugs, sanitizing and disinfecting attic area, removing contaminated insulation, and replacing insulation if required.
- Final inspection is performed by a Catawba Wildlife technician after repairs are completed to insure home is 100% secure from bats. Final payment is collected by check or credit card.